- Grades 1-3
- 1 hour classes
- 10 weeks per session
- Red Carpet Showcase night
- $285/student per session
Each session of Brick Animation school focuses on hands on learning, while encouraging imagination and creativity.
During the 10-week course, students will create original scripts & storyboards, design and build sets and backdrops, and learn to use film making equipment with the goal of creating a short stop motion brick animation film.
While each session will collaboratively create 1 main short film, students will have the opportunity to also work on their own individual brick animation creations throughout the 10-week period, utilizing some of the theory and techniques learned in class.
At the completion of the Session, all students will have access to their final movie as an online download.
Showcase Night: Each session will host a Red Carpet screening. This fun event allows our students the opportunity to invite friends and family to celebrate their project on the Big Screen. This will be a 30-45min event and will include all programs product from the Session.
- Students will learn the ability to film scenes through photos, going frame by frame.
- Students will learn to create characters, sets, and scenes through Lego, clay, and other props.
- Students will learn time management and patience through the process of filming their stop motions.
- Students will learn the ability to work as a team to achieve a desired result/goal.
- Students will learn problem solving skills through the filming process.
- Creating sets, characters, and scenes through Lego and other props.
- Filming of set scenes.
- Editing/compiling of photos and film.
- Writing time to come up with their overall storyline.