- Grades 3-5
- 1.5 hour classes
- 10 weeks per session
- Red Carpet Showcase night
- $428/student per session
At this stage, students are introduced to storytelling basics and the foundation of filmmaking. Students interests and individual experience levels are built upon throughout each session, and advancements are made as students are ready.
During the 10-week course, participants will create scripts & storyboards and learn & use proper filmmaking terminology, while also touching on some acting skills. They will also have hands on time with various pieces of video-making equipment – digital cameras, professional lighting, green screens, editing software, etc.
While each filmmaking experience is unique, we aim to have approximately 85% of hours spent on the filming process, and a brief intro of 15% of hours touching upon on editing techniques.
This academic course is for the budding, enthusiastic filmmaker in your family. Students should come ready and willing to work as part of a team as they learn the very basics of filming and editing.
At the completion of the Session, all students will have access to their final movie as an online download.
Showcase Night: Each session will host a Red Carpet screening. This fun event allows our students the opportunity to invite friends and family to celebrate their project on the Big Screen. This will be a 30-45min event and will include all programs product from the Session.
- Students will learn the basics of storytelling and how to put together a film script based off those techniques.
- Students will learn how to take a story from a script and visualize that story to life.
- Students will learn basic camera and lighting techniques to film a scene professionally from a written script.
- Students will be introduced to the basics of editing and how to compile the filmed footage to a finished product.
- Students will learn how to work together as a group to achieve a desired task/goal.
- Students will learn problem solving skills through scene prep and filming.
- Script development and writing
- Scene prep, storyboards, and set designing.