- Grades 6-8
- 1.5 hour classes
- 10 weeks per session
- Red Carpet Showcase night
- $570/student per session
Our filmmaker students are provided expanded options with the introduction to the moving camera, while continuing to perfect earlier techniques.
Each session of our Filmmaking School focuses on hands on learning. We encourage collaboration, imagination, and creativity as we work with our young filmmakers to create a quality finished product as a team. *Students do NOT need to have participated in Intro to Filmmaker to take this class*
During the 10-week course, participants will create original scripts & storyboards and learn & use proper filmmaking terminology. They will also have hands on time with various pieces of video-making equipment – digital cameras, professional lighting, green screens, editing software, etc.
While each filmmaking experience is unique, we aim to have approximately 75% spent on the filming process, and 25% hours spent editing as a group.
At the completion of the Session, all students will have access to their final movie as an online download.
Showcase Night: Each session will host a Red Carpet screening. This fun event allows our students the opportunity to invite friends and family to celebrate their project on the Big Screen. This will be a 30-45min event and will include all programs product from the Session.
- Students will learn to write and develop a movie script based on overall story themes and characters.
- Students will learn the ability to take a script and begin to visualize scenes and shots.
- Students will dive into more editing techniques for their film and how to apply effects and sounds for greater story telling.
- Students will practice collaboration to efficiently work together to create their film.
- Students will learn problem solving skills through the filming process.
- Script writing
- Scene development